Monday, August 8, 2016

New Sector

Wow throw me in a blender because this week was CRAAAZZZYYYY.
It's only been a week in my new area and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE. 
Our new ward has never had Hermana's and they are SO EXCITED TO HAVE US.  We have been recieving so much help over this week and I have never been so grateful for the love and support we have recieved from the members here.

Our sector is HUGE. One day it literally took us an hour to walk to lunch. But don't worry we will be recieving bikes today in the evening. But it's so awesome and so pretty and the people are so dang nice and it's just a good ole sector.

So we have been literally starting from scratch. We don't have a single investigator, single family we've been working with before absolutely nothing. It's been really hard because each day we have been a little clueless on where to go and what to do. We were both a little lost, not understanding why we needed to move sectors, why so sudden why why why? That was my attitude until we hit Relief Society on Sunday. We had a lesson that absolutely changed my whole life. 

My comp and I had been fasting for help and guidance and I know for a fact that Heavenly Father sent it through this class. We had a lesson on the talk, "Do You Believe" from this past conference. It started out with a story about this woman whose son was in need of  medical help and was being airlifted to the hospital. She had served a mission, served in callings, all things in the gospel that made her feel as if she believed. But when it really came down to it, when she really needed to know if there was life after death, if there was such a thing as eternal families, she thought for a second, searched her soul and discovered, yes. She really did believe. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I started thinking do I really know? Do I really know this is the true church? Do I really know Jesus Christ lives and he suffered for our sins? Do I really know that God loves me and he will help me in times of need?

Let me tell you all, now I know.
I know God loves us and he helps us in every way we need. He wants us to grow. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to live in celestial glory with our families and with our Heavenly family. I know God has a plan for us and I know he needs me here. I don't exactly know why or how but I am happy and willing to find out. I know that he has prepared a way for each and everyone of us. 

Sorry I don't have too much to inform you on how the week went but it was a roller coaster of being lost and doing all we can to find those who need us.
But now I know. I know this is His work and he leads and guides us every single day.
HAPPY AS A CLAM TO BE SERVING THE MAN!
HAVE A GOOD ONE
HERMANA HILBURN

PS SHOUT OUT TO MY POP'S FOR BEING THE BEST DAD EVER AND TURNING THE BIG 50 ON TUESDAY!




Beautiful New Sector



This was copied from Kristen's Mission President's blog. Sister Harris shares an experience she had with two Sister missionaries. She never mentions their names but put a picture of them next to the story: 
I had a great experience with the sister missionaries. They had two appointments, one at 6 p.m. and one at 8 p.m. When we arrived at the 6 p.m. appointment, no one was home. The sisters did not skip a beat. They pulled out their planners and checked the list of investigators and less active members, and we started contacting. It was interesting to watch these two sisters work. They would pause for a moment, then one would say, “I think we should go this way.” We would go that way and try a few houses, and then one would say, “I think we should go over here,” and away we went.  Contacting in Chile is interesting. All the houses have an iron fence and gate in front of them, and very few doorbells. The missionaries go to the gate and from the bottom of their diaphragms they holler, “Ha-lo!” Then the dogs bark and we wait. After about three “Hal-los” if someone is home, they will usually come out the door and speak to us through the gate. After several houses and no invitations in, it began to rain. We tried another house and a very sweet elderly couple invited us in. We had a heartfelt discussion about the Gospel for about 30 minutes. It turned out that this couple had been taught by the missionaries previously. They were sweet and interested and agreed to have another visit later in the week. By the time we left, it had stopped raining. We went to the 8 p.m. appointment and they were not home either. So back we went to the street. A woman was carrying several bags from the grocery store and the sisters offered to help her carry her bags. We each took some bags and followed her to her home. She had us in and connected immediately with the two sister missionaries. She also has been taught by the missionaries previously, and invited them to come back later in the week for a discussion. It was amazing to watch these two sisters at work. They were faithful, teachable, humble yet bold in sharing their message. An evening with two failed appointments resulted in two new investigators and appointments for later in the week.
Sister Harris(The new Mission President's wife) 

No comments:

Post a Comment