Monday, October 3, 2016

I Have Joy in My Soul Today

GOOOOOOD DAY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. 

WOOOWWWW AND THERE GOES THE CAMBIO. WHAT IS HAPPENING? ANOTHER MONTH! 8 MONTHS IN THE MISSION WHERE IS THE TIME GOING?

Ahhhhhhh welll cambios are in and I am staying in Talca (shocker)! Hermana Revolo is heading off to Rancagua and I am........TRAINING! YES. TRAINING. HOW? I HAVEN'T A CLUE. MAYBE PRESIDENT IS GOING NUTZ. hahaha No, but really I am going ot be training a newbie. I don't know who it is until tomorrow so more to come about my new compi in the next email. 

This week went by seriously so fast. Well this cambio went by so fast. We have been so dang busy there has been absolutely zero time to think about anything. We've been super busy with services, general conference and finding new people to teach.

About Loreto, she is doing well. She just has so much fear and not enough faith to find an answer. It's been really hard becasuse both my companion and I can see that she really is the person that is getting in the way of her own progression. But we have been fasting and praying for her to just get it one day and take all the lessons we've taught and really accept a baptismal date and choose this eternal family over the stupid world. But the Lord is really doing all he can to teach me patience. Because with Loreto we need a lot of it. He is also teaching me how love really is the best motivator.

This week we also have been serving a lot of our menos activas. Which is honesly about half of Chile. There is a true statistic in Chile that 1 out of every 4 contacts we do here is a menos activa. My companion and I are witnesses of that truth. Oh boy this conference was so for all of the millions of menos activas in Chile Rancagua mission. Thank you apostles for addressing that problem..

Conference this weekend was SO DANG INCREDIBLE! HOLY COW WHY CAN'T EVERY DAY BE CONFERENCE. It was so INSANELY GOOD.  I now have a new favorite apostle and I just love the joy that comes straight from living the gospel.

It is so insanely amazing how much joy comes from the gospel. I really felt that joy as we were leaving conference this weekend. My companion and I got in a collectivo(Chilean bus) to head home with huge smiles on our faces. We both looked at each other and I asked my compi what her deal was and all she said was "tengo gozo en mi alma hoy" (I have joy in my soul today)

Ah it's so true. We can feel JOY through Jesus Christ. 

So have joy in your lives and follow our Savior and Redeemer.

Lots of love,

Hermana Hilburn












No comments:

Post a Comment