Monday, November 14, 2016

Grateful for Family History, The Spirit and Talca!

WELL first things first. transfers are in and............

IM STAYING IN TALCA. ha That's right it will be 11 months by the end of this transfer in this lovely place. But honestly I am so happy because I prayed so hard to stay with all the amazing things that we have in store for this next coming transfer!!!! 

As I was thinking of what to write you all this week I thought of my favorite scripture. 2 Nephi 1:15 ¨but behold the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell, I have beheld his glory and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love¨

Though I have not even been close to being saved from the fires of hell, I have felt the warm embrace of my Savior and my Father in Heaven through every hard thing the mission has thrown at me. I have felt so much His peace, support, His blessings and miracles every step of the way. This week especially I am so grateful for the support and love my loving father in heaven has sent me. 

This week was lesson after lesson bringing good tides and feeling power and authority of my calling. As a missionary we often get used to the wonderful spirit we feel and sometimes I feel like I neglect the support Heavenly Father gives us. But as we saw 2 huge miracles this week I have been trying so hard to focus on my Savior's warm embrace.

This week we found a new investigator named Patricia, who we found contacting right after saying a prayer to find others. We knocked on her door and she told us she was busy doing ... FAMILY HISTORY.!! Ha I about dropped ot the floor and wet my pants with joy as I told her that we love doing family history in our church. She let us in and we started talking and come to find out she listened to the missionaries 7 years ago but didn't get baptized becuase she didn't like a few things she read in the book of mormon and didn't understand it. So when she told us that I knew we had to ask her if she had prayed about it. She looked at us a little strange and said, 
"you know what? I haven't". So we invited her to pray and read the book of mormon that night and we would pass by the next day to see how it went. As we went by the next morning, she told us she felt so happy when reading the book and had forgotten all about her past judgements. She said she would continue to listen and to learn more!... MIRACLE...!

Also when we had a lesson with Loreto this week she told us how she had been smoking less and less each day so that she could quit completely and be ready for her baptism. Also this week in principles de evangelio we learned about baptism and she told me how excited she was for hers this 17 of December.  MORE MIRACLES!!  Especially to see this woman change completely and drop the things of the world so she could have a happier life and family in the gospel.

We also had another capital abierta(Chapel tour) this week and we had so many people ready to come and learn of the great news of the gospel. Our ward did just a killer job at inviting and accompanying friends and we had one of the most highly attended capital abierta's in the mission. 

This week my comp and I just went to bed so happy after recieving these huge blessings form our Lord. This mission thing has been hard and a roller coaster of emotions, trials and stress but I am so grateful for the hard times because through those I have truly learned so much about my Savior and what He went through for me. 

Have a great week everybody!!!!!

Hermana Hilburn

Golden Investigator


RIP Talca Helmet...You have done me good:)


Hermana Blake is going home. She will be missed!

Loreto and Roldofo Fajardo


Awesome Chapel tour with Elizabeth and Loreto

No comments:

Post a Comment