Monday, February 27, 2017

Happiest Missionary Ever!

BUENAS DIAS MI QUERIDO FAMILIA QUE LO AMO. AHHHHHHH

OKAY so I felt super bad for writing such crappy letters these past couple of weeks that I planned out everything I was going to say so I could tell you all of the amazing blessings from the Lord there are in the mission. 

Okay so the work is going so well here I can't even believe how incredible it has been!!!! We have been working like BULLS EVERY SINGLE DAY AND HITTING THE PILLOW EVERY NIGHT WITH HUGE SMILES ON OUR FACES!! We have been working with 3 new families that have SO MUCH POTENTIAL we are putting fechas with all 3 this week and are really getting excited. 

ALSO this week we had capitals abiertas(chapel tours) and it was incredible!!! My compi and I left with all the members throughout the week to invite everyone and SO MANY PEOPLE CAME. Yeah maybe not the ones we invited but IT WAS INCREDIBLE. None of the members had anything ready, we were missing missionaries and we didn't get refreshments until an hour in but it was incredible!! I felt like I was back in my "head commissioner" days from student government, because I was running around telling everyone what to do and there were so many people coming in and learning about this amazing restored gospel. It was absolutely AMAZING. The best part was that there was a baptism of a teenage boy the elders have been working with, that has totally changed his life and he was just radiating with joy afterwards. 

This week I found a quote that explains exactly how I feel right now:

¨Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people. Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms to those that hang down, live the gospel of Jesus Christ.¨

And I can't even tell you HOW TRUE THAT IS.
THIS WEEK I GOT THE BEST EMAIL OF MY LIFE! It was from a lady we were working with that I love with all my heart. Her name is Clara and she emailed me to say that she just got baptized. The other very awesome and amazing news came from my sweet family from Talca. LORETO AND HER SON CRISTOBAL ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND!!! 

I can't even begin to express the gratitude I have in my heart in this moment to have been able to live that quote in my mission. To truly forget about my needs, myself and get to doing the Lords work. 
Hermana Christensen and I have really just been working so hard and we are so grateful to be seeing all the fruits here in Santa Cruz. It makes me happy to know that the work goes on and it's all in the Lords time. SO GRATEFUL I COULD CRY.

Well I am actually crying right now. I have so much love in my heart for these Chileans. I really am the happiest greenga in the whole wide world!

So grateful to know and to learn what is true happiness. This week my comp and I also got a call from president saying that we are going to now be working in two sectors becuase he said the elders are having a hard time. So now we are just going to be working even more!!!! Yes!

Happy heart, happy girl, love the gospel with all my heart}

Hermana Hilburn

So love these adorable Pilipino Hermana's




Precious Chilean Children



Proof these two Hermana's are working hard



These two might have a little too much fun together




Always silly


No comments:

Post a Comment