Monday, May 29, 2017

Just Work!

What a CRAZY WEEK OF GOODNESS. I am just so grateful for the miracles God allows me to see and for the people he's had me meet. For the things he's helped me learn and for His wonderful plan OF HAPPINNNEESS!!!

So to start off the week my comp and I decided to do a special fast becuase we hadn't had an investigator in the church the whole month and we hadn't been finding new people to teach so we fasted Sunday for 2 specific blessings. 1 to have at least one investigator in church and 2. to find 7 new investigators in the week. We also fasted to know how to better help our investigator progress and to be better focused in the work. As we ended we put on the ugly missionary shoes and went and HIT THE FLOOR RUNNING!!!!!! AND WHAT A WEEK!!

We found a new investigator every single day this week and they are all SO AWESOME!! At the end of the week the lady that we found came to church with us and all the members made friends with her and even one invited her to lunch!! It was seriously the craziest thing ever!! My companion and I were literally so filled with gratitude and JOY to have literally received the blessings we asked for and more!! Because in the event of excersizing so much faith to find, we too were blessed with our own faith increased and our testimonys grew as well.

I really am just so grateful to have the gospel in my life and to be here spreading it with others. Our mission prez always says, if you are ever upset, work. If you are ever discouraged, work. If you are ever lonely, work. If you ever don't want to work, WORK.  I have really seen the power of WORK in my mission. Getting up and going to work has been the answer to every challenge I have faced!!! and by doing so I have grown so much and have developed a great love for my Father in heaven. 

I am just so grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve my Lord and Redeemer. I really do know He lives and I will share it till the day I die!! He lives and He loves us. His atonement will shape us if we have faith that it will. 

Well friends and fam I leave you with this scriputure we all know and love:

17 And behold, tell you these things that ye may learn wisdomthat ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

It's true so just DO IT!

Hermana Hilburn

WINTER IN CHILE




No comments:

Post a Comment