Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Last week In the Santiago MTC

HELLLLOOOOO EARTHLINGS. IT IS YOUR FAVORITE MISSIONARY IN THE HIZZLE COMING AT YOU HOT FROM SANTIAGO!!! AND GUESS WHAT, LAST EMAIL FROM SANTIAGO AHHHHHHHHHH

Well I can't believe another week has gone by!! The days here are long and I'm always dead by the end, but the weeks go by so fast!! Feels like I emailed y'all yesterday! That is life!!

This week was just ggrrreeeaaattt!!! We have really shifted into only Spanish days and man let me tell you, it sure is scary!! But all is well because I got the big man on my side!! This week we got 4 new teachers and they are ALLLL so awesome. The teachers here are just angels. They are so knowledgeable and awesome and I'm going to miss them so much. So they challenged us to speak only Spanish this Saturday and we all did it! Let me tell you.. it was ruff but I was able to speak all broken, terrible grammer Spanish all day Saturday without cheating! It was so cool and I proved to myself I could do it but not gonna lie it was crazy hard, but after I was like lets go. I got this. So the reason they had us do it was because we are so close to leaving!! This is my last email in the MTC because next Tuesday we will be riding buses to RANCAGUA. YEAH I KNOW CRAZY. It's so close and I'm so excited/terrified, but mostly excited. In preparation for leaving net week we are going contacting with REAL PEOPLE and going on splits with REAL MISSIONARIES THIS WEEK. I'm so excited I could just die. So we will be doing that Thursday and Friday and it's just crazy!!!!! 

Other news! My comp and I were made the sister training leaders this week!!!!! It's so cool to be in a leadership position here, even though it's really small, it's just awesome. Also it feels so good to be noticed for hard work and yeah. It's pretty cool and I'm kind of a big deal... (shout out to my Fam)haha

I am just seriously so sad I'm leaving the MTC next week. This place has been the greatest place to learn about my Savior and about how I can serve Him and His children.

We listened to this amazing talk by Elder Rasband and he said a line in his talk that hit me so hard. He said he asked all the mission presidents he interviewed, "if the testimony of Jesus Christ is burning in your blossom as much as it was when you were a missionary"Man let me just tell you that hit me. I was like, is the testimony of my Savior burning in my bosom? I know He lives, I know He loves me, but is the desire to be like him in everything I do burning within me?

Every day here I realize things I can do each day to better follow the Savior and sometimes it feels like I am so far behind and that there is no way I can live up to the man He is. But I know I can and it's through him. Man I love my savior. This morning for personal devotional I was just reading the stories of Christ in the bible and reading about all of his amazing miracles and I love it!. I love my Savior. I love His atonement. I love how through Him and only through Him I can be converted to the character of Christ.  I just love it here!!

I am so excited and happy to be here and I can feel Christ's love here with me. He is the person that lifts me up when I'm down, pushes me to be better. and through Him I can be with my family forever!!! AND I AM JUST SO EXCITED TO SHARE THAT. AHHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST GOTTA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE FIRST!!! But I know I can do it. our teachers always tell us the norte americanos always bring such a strong spirit into the lessons. They always tell us that because we don't know the language perfectly, is why we do so. Because we need all the help we can get to say what we feel and know we are always teaching with the spirit. It's AWESOME.

Well, I feel like I've completely turned into one of those preachy missionaries and I'm sorry for that but I don't really care. God is so good I just wanna talk about Him all the time, the atonement is literally the awesomest thing in the world and I want to share it's healing powers with everyone. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it's teachings has changed my life. Okaywell I love you all to the moon and back and I won't hear from you for 2 weeks because no p-day next week:( but send your prayers because I can always feel them! I love you all and I love my Savior!!!

Peace and blessings.

Hermana Hilburn

District 7

No comments:

Post a Comment