Monday, April 11, 2016

It's getting Chilaaaayyyy in Chillllleeee!

Holy cow where does the time go. Because I HAVE NO IDEA!!
WHAT A WEEK FAMILY. THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND THE GOSPEL IS GREAT AND JESUS LIVES HALELUYA!!
THIS WEEK WAS JUST A DANG DARN GOOOOOODDIIIIEEEEEEE!!!
We be teaching, we be preaching, and miracles be a working. Let me tell you the miracles be flooowwwwiiinnn in like a river and it's so grand!!
This week was all about finding new people to teach. We have been having a hard time helping our investigators progress so we made it a goal to find new investigators and help other menos activos and it worked and it was just so great!!
So this week I had to lead my sector for the first time and was so terrified. Because I don't know how to talk to people and yeah it's a lil scary and I was afraid that my relationship with the members and our investigators wasn't that strong because I haven't been able to say much. But don't worry because it was stinking awesome!
Before this day started I said one heck of a prayer and begged Heavenly Father to help in every way possible. Then after tried to use about every ounce of faith I had in my body I just went forward and promised myself to follow every single prompting or thought I had and see where it took me. 

....and HOLY COW I AM FOR SURE DOING THAT FROM NOW ON!

I'm telling you all this day was incredible. We found so many people who needed the good news of the gospel and it was because the spirit was there helping me every single step of the way. I was able to lead the sector and talk to EVERYONE and words were just put into my mouth. The hermana who was with me ends her mission in 2 weeks and she said that sometimes when I would talk to people she swore we had been out the same time!! and it was just so awesome!! But let me just tell you.. I know it wasn't me at all!!! I swear the man in the sky loves me so much and I just feel His love and his help everyday. I didn't really understand when people would talk about how the spirit speaks for you but now, DO I. 

We taught this one investigator this week and we found him when we were on exchanges and he is just so awesome. He loves to talk things out and have discussions and I just love that about him. So when we taught him this week I was a little nervous because he knows a lot about the Catholic church and about the bible. But we started talking to him and in the beginning  there was a bit of contention but then I remembered something that Elder Bednar said in one of his talks that whenever you don't know what to do or if the conversation is going south, always open your mouth and start talking about Christ and the spirit will guide you. So that's what I did. I'm actually pretty sure I closed my eyes, started talking and the words were flowing and he listened and I know he felt the spirit.

Man I LOVE THE SPIRIT. It'the one thing I've learned while being here is how important it is to have the spirit with me alwaysWe need to do everything we can to be worthy of it because it is the main way our Father in Heaven is able to talk to us.
I'm so grateful for this amazing thing I have in my life and I am so grateful to know the goodness of the gospel.
It's just so dang good!
So live it
love it
and I promise you'll be able to find happiness. Because through our Savior.... it's how we find it!!!
The mission rocks everyone. I love this gospel and I know with all my soul it's the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Have an amazing week all!! and kneel down and pray and read your scriptures:)
okay... that's all I got folks.
stay tuned.

Hermana Hilburn

Chilean's love their grillin!

It's already starting to get cold

No comments:

Post a Comment