Monday, February 6, 2017

New and Exciting Changes

Hola, mi familia y amigos!!! SO SORRY FOR NOT SENDING AN EMAIL LAST WEEK. I STARTED IT I SWEAR!!! But finishing and sending it is a different story. I think only missionaries understand the true stress it is to right emails in a limited time. But DON'T WORRY BECUASE I HAVE LOTS TO TELL THIS WEEK. 

Well 6 weeks with the most amazing person flew by so fast. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful for the wonderful cambio I had with my lady Hermana Al-malki. I am so sad to see her go but happier than ever to have had the opportunity to serve with someone who truly loves God and wants to serve Him till the very end. BLESSED BEYOND MESSURE

AND SPEAKING OF BLESSINGS. CAMBIOS ARE IN AND YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHO IS MY NEXT COMPANION......

HERMANA CHRISTENSEN!!!! yes that's right my very first companion in Chile from the CCM and I are back together about to tear up the turf here in Santa Cruz. I cried, screamed and was filled with so much joy and so excited to serve the Lord I love so much with someone I love so much. So THE ADVENTURE IS ABOUT TO CONTINUE AND MIRACLES ARE ABOUT TO POUR DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS.

Ahh but this week was a little crazy with getting my companion out the door. A lot of saying goodbyes, last minute shopping and getting things ready so she could be ready to return home. But I am so grateful for the wonderful miracle we saw with one of the sectors here in Santa Cruz.

Well Santa Cruz first off is one of the smallest districts with the highest number of menos activias in all of Chile and we work extremely hard to bring these lost souls back to Christ. This week when my comp went to Rancagua and to the temple I stayed back with our house mates and we went and worked in their sector. In one day we went to 4 menos activas and taught them but they didn't seem to budge for one second. I ended the day so frustrated and a little sad because I couldn't help someone who didn't want to be helped. I went to bed that night a bit heavy hearted, frustrated and not excited for the next day because I was supposed to go to one of the smallest branches with the stake president and train them for capitals abiertas.

So I went and I AM SO GRATEFUL I DID!

We went in the morning to put goals with the members of how many members they would want normally to come to the rama(the branch) and they put a goal for 30. This rama normally has an assistance of 7 and 9 with the missionaries. So 30 was a little bit of a high goal. But as the reunion started people came OUT OF THE WOODWORK. LITEREALLY JUST SHOWED UP! THE MOST RANDOM PEOPLE AND THERE WERE EXACTLY 30 PEOPLE IN THE CHURCH. And 3 were menos activas that we had taught the other day.

Holy cow can you say miracle. I can't even begin to explain the mircales the Lord shows unto his children who show their faith. 

I'm just so happy here serving my Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for His mercy and love and I have felt it in every second of my time here.

One thing Hermana Al Malki always said to me is that, "it's not worth it unless it hurts!" And it is so true. 
Life is a long road. Long, narrow, up hill, down hill, rocky, bumpy, smooth, dificult road. We all have to ride it, but only a few will make it to the end. AND HOW BLESSED ARE WE IF WE MAKE IT THERE. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and all the tender mercy's of the Lord. I know He lives and that he loves me. I'm so grateful to have 6 more months to serve Him with all my heart. 

Love you all and hope you are able to feel the love of our Father in every second of your life. 

Hermana Hilburn

Always having fun

Hermana Hilburn's Comp to the left and housemates

Kind of like DI shopping?

This wonderful Hermana will be missed

Last time all together!


One way to get there

They went by three

Just Kristen being herself:)

Foot loose and Fancy free

Hermana Tan Lines

Love her Fanny Pack! 

The little kids in Chile are so sweet

Service Bound





This dog thinks he is getting some!
Hermana Revolo. So fun to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment