Monday, May 15, 2017

Read, Pray and Do the Little Things...

OH HAPPY DAY TO BE A MISSIONARY IN CHILE SERVING THE LORD AND HIS BELOVED CHILDREN UP IN CHILE!

Well this week was a super AWESOME ONE. We have been just finding machines and contacting up a stormy to get the good word out!! It's incredible seeing the change in my companion and how when we first got here she was so afraid to talk to others and now I'm not even the one telling her to do it she just does!! We both have grown and done everything we could, studying in our free time, practicing while walking to appointments and sharing our testimonies so we could grow and be the missionaries our Savior needs us to be and he has been with us every step putting the words in our mouths leading us to His prepared people and having the best time doing it!!!

Then I had the MOST LIFE CHANGING INTERCOMBIO THIS WEEK WITH HERMANA GARCIA IN RECREO!! Okay so back story. My companion a couple of transfers ago told me a story about a lady named Patricia who has been having EVERY SINGLE HARD TRIAL THAT ANYONE COULD EVER HAVE. When she told me her story I cried and was a so grateful I didn't serve there because I would have no idea what to say to this lady. Then 4 months later I'm in that same sector and we just happen to have a cita with this lady. OH I GOT SO NERVOUS and we said a prayer and I just begged for the words of how to help her with her pain. We went to home and she told us that she had gone 5 days with out smoking and was going to church this Sunday and we were able share with her a scripture that is in Mosiah 2:41 
41 And moreover, would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaventhat thereby they may dwell with God in state of never-ending happiness. remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.  

As we read this beautiful scripture I have never felt that promise burn so strong. This sweet lady, because she was starting to live the commandments of God, again would be blessed with all the things she needed. That her Father in Heaven knew what she has been going through and that He loves her and becuase she is keeping the commandments she will recieve the blessings and help she needs. 

I just love the promises that are found in the scriptures, because I know they are true with all my heart. The Lord gave me the confidence I needed to help her understand the love He has for her despite the trials she has faced.

also this week we had a SUPER AWESOME stake conference that just BLEW MY MIND like out of the water!  So good. The stake leaders challenged EVERYONE to read the Book of Mormon in 6 months and see how much closer we become to our Savior Jesus Christ.. and I wanted to stand up and say AMEN TO THAT because I have truly felt that promise in my life.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and truly helps others come unto Christ and leads them throughout their lives. I know with out a doubt that our Father in Heaven has restored His gospel once again on the earth because He loves us and wants us to return to Him. 
It truly is His work and His glory and I'm happy to be working in it.

Read, pray and do the little things.... LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Hermana Hilburn

Hermana Hilburn and her new Companion

Chilean Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment