Monday, May 30, 2016

A week of goodbyes to Hermana Peralta

Ahhhhh what a sad week!!!

This week was a lot of saying goodbyes for Hermana Peralta and wow the ward seriously loves her so so much. She truly was just such an amazing missionary and I'm going to miss her so much!

But I'm staying in Talca, in my same ward and I'm not going to lie I'm a little nervous. It's a little weird being the leader and being out of my training but don't worry it will all be just fine!!

I meet my new companion tomorrow. Her name is.... Hermana.... Blake?  I think, I don't remember but she's a greeenga from Utah and has been in the mission for 9 months, so it should be fun!!! I'm excited to be with someone new!! But I'm going to miss my companion so much, she's such an awesome one ahhhhh. It's hard because after 3 months of being with someone 24/7 it's a little weird when they leave. But all is well!!! Last night we said goodbye and dropped her off at the airport and the heart strings were being plucked that's for sure!!!

I can't believe it's already been 4 MONTHS, WHAT THE HECK WHERE DID THE TIME GO????? I remember after one month in the MTC I was like, this is going to go by so slow, but here we are at month 4???? ahhhhhhhhhhhh but it's pretty awesome. I'm done with my training and I'm a real missionary now. ahhh it's pretty insane!!! But I'm ready and I have my Father in Heaven on my side.  I just feel Him so close everyday and especially with our investigators!!

Andreas fecha(teaching appointment) fell because she expressed to us how she isn't sure that there's a God and that he loves her and that lesson was a little heartbreaking. She has a lot of problems in her family that has led her to believe that and it just breaks my heart thinking that. But I told her that there's no need to worrry because right now she can lean on my testimony. I told her that the more she wants to know her Father in Heaven the more He will show himself to her. It just was so sad that she didn't know how much her Father in Heaven loves her. Then I was so grateful for the knowledge I've had since a youngin' that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me. 

So don't forget that friends and family!!  When we are faced with hard things this is when we really have to remember the things we know with all of our heart and not lose faith. When we realize the greatness of our Father in Heaven it is so much easier to do all the other small things in the world!! I feel like I had to tell myself this very good advice I gave my investigator. I'm a bit nervous to be leading the sector and to get to know all the investigators without someone to fall back on. But I know that I have a Father in Heaven who will help me so why do I need to be worrried??? I don't right¿?¿ right!!!

Well I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week. Alway's remember He lives and He loves you!!

Hermana Hilburn

No comments:

Post a Comment